Translate

Monday, December 17, 2012

Batman Nails

I'm pulling this one from the archive, because lately I haven't been terribly inspired to do any major nail art. I have Chronic Epstein-Barr Virus, which is the virus that most commonly causes mono.  This is the third time I was diagnosed with mono, so I talked to my doctor and found that I have the chronic virus.  Stress causes it to reactivate, which makes sense, because the last two times I had it I was under a lot of stress.  So this is why I haven't done anything too new lately, so I'm going back into the archives.

This was my first major nerdy manicure.  I had painted all my nails yellow, then on a whim free-handed the Batman symbol.  A few days later, I thought hey, why not?  So I did Robin's costume next to the Batman symbol.  I don't think I have any pictures of the right hand, which had Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and The Riddler on them.

This was surprisingly easy for me, and really started me on attempting more intricate nail art.  I can't say how long it took me, but I can say that I was taken by surprise at how well this turned out.  Please forgive any lack of cleanup; it was late when I was done and I was too tired/lazy to really care.

Without further ado, here is my Batman manicure (these were taken with my phone, apologies for the lack of focus):



I wish I had done the Joker, because he's my favorite villain, but I am leaving that for another time.  I want to dedicate a full hand to him.

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment