Translate

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

ABC Challenge Week Two

Good evening everyone!  Today I share with you my Week Two "B" mani.  This didn't stay on long because I had used Elmer's School Glue as a base, and it peeled off fairly quickly.  Using glue as a base for glitter polish is a terrific idea, because that way you can just peel it all off when you're done, without worrying about soaking your nails with acetone-filled cotton balls and waiting forever, with the added bonus of glitter getting EVERYWHERE. 

This week I chose to use Lush Lacquers' Birthday Cake.  I LOVE THIS POLISH.  Lush Lacquers is a favorite indie brand of mine, because their polishes are just so cute and unique.  I got this polish last year as a birthday gift to myself.  It's a beautiful milky-white base with tons of small hex, bar, and medium holographic hex glitters.  I love how the glitter colors are muted enough without being completely hidden.  In the bottle, this definitely looks like the most delicious cake batter ever! 

Here's a shot with the bottle:





The application is just a dream.  As with any glitter-loaded polish, however, some glitter will invade the cuticle area, but that can be taken care of with a bit of cleanup.  In these photos, I did no cleanup at all, as evinced by a rogue cotton fiber hanging from my index finger's free edge.  Two coats accomplished complete opacity, but I really believe one coat could do the trick.  The formula is thick, but not too thick as to be gloppy.  It's loaded with glitter, and I believe it's got a perfect glitter-to-base ratio going on here.  Unfortunately, I don't think this polish is offered any longer, but I do highly recommend Lush Lacquers' polishes.  Once I am able, I think I'll buy one of all their polishes so I can offer them to my clients. 





This was the best closeup I could get of the polish without my camera freaking out and going out of focus.  LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUSNESS!  These ladies certainly made a fantastic polish here.

Birthday Cake gets an A++ from me.  It's rare that I go head over heels for such a polish, but this is one I've used many, many times.  It's versatile and is so cute on its own or used for an accent nail.  I used this polish in my Pinkie Pie manicure last July, and I believe Pinky herself would approve of this!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment