Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

26-week-challenge Week Four: D

Welcome again!  This week I have my "D" manicure ready for you, as well as a swatch/review.

Last week I decided on Zoya "Delilah" for the Week Four manicure.  This polish is a GORGEOUS shimmery cherry red.  I've had difficulty with most red shimmer/glitter polishes not translating well on the nails, thus looking better in the bottle.  Not so with Delilah!  This polish is just as, if not more, beautiful on the nails than in the bottle.  The subtle shimmer of this polish can be seen even in low lighting, which speaks volumes for this brand.  I've not had such luck with other shimmery polishes (brand names will be withheld), but Zoya surpasses expectations.  Application was very easy, the polish is thin, but not too thin, and is opaque in two coats. 

I was thrilled with this polish, and I'm not really a red polish kind of gal.  I was not disappointed with this at all, and in all honesty, the swatches I've seen of Delilah do not do it justice.  It's a gorgeous and perfect red polish for special occasions, with the shimmer adding just the right touch without being overwhelmingly sparkly.

On to the photos! 









I added a top coat of Gelous to this manicure, and as you can see, it really enhances this polish.  I highly recommend Zoya polishes; they're all gorgeous, have the most delightful names, and the application is so easy.

Thank you for stopping by, see you next week for the "E" manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment