Translate

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Lord of the Rings manicure

So I'm really not that great at nail art, and when I found out that this AMAZING "One Ring" manicure I had seen wasn't freehanded, but was made into a decal...I was a bit disillusioned.  I love the idea of doing freehand work now, as opposed to being a 14-year-old water decal addict.  I couldn't freehand to save my butt back then, but decals gave me the opportunity to have some sweet nail art without the mess and frustration of freehand art.  I think I'm coming along well in my freehand work, and so I decided to challenge myself with a "One Ring" manicure, done completely by freehand.  I did...but I'm TERRIBLE with my left hand, so I did an Eye of Sauron mani on my right hand instead.  I was blown away...not trying to brag at all, but I really surprised myself with this.  I will shush now and show off my accomplishment.  I can truthfully say that yes, this was ALL done freehand.


I am SO excited about this!  I am going to be participating in an upcoming nail art challenge, so these will not be on for too long, next Saturday they will be replaced.  I think this is the first time I have wanted to wear a manicure for months, because this would be AWESOME to wear to The Hobbit!

Everyone have a wonderful night and, for my East Coast peeps, stay safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment