Translate

Friday, October 19, 2012

Phantom of the Opera

I finally did it.  Three hours and three attempts at the mask later, I have my long-awaited Phantom of the Opera manicure.  Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel sorry for the Phantom.  He just wants to be loved, and instead is rejected.  The book had me in tears and yelling at Christine.  I love the musical and the book, so much so that I have a Phantom of the Opera tattoo.  The ring finger on my left hand represents Christine, it's patterned after the dress Emmy Rossum wore in the movie.  Of course there have to be music notes and a piano.  My left thumb represents the Phantom who, though living in a world shrouded in darkness, only wants love, hence the red glitter.  My right thumb is for the song Point of No Return, there is the mask the Phantom wore, the rose in Christine's hair, and the flames from the number.  My right middle finger represents the Music of the Night.  I miss my piano and the sheet music I had for Phantom; I spent many hours playing every song and singing along.  My dream is to one day see this fantastic production on Broadway!  Without further ado, here is the Phantom of the Manicure!  *Note:  The top photo was taken before I put top coat on the mask art*



No comments:

Post a Comment