Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

Frost Bitten Toes

I don't want to feature only manicures on this blog, I want to feature pedicures too.  I know, I know, feet can be gross, grody, and generally unattractive (save to a select few people heehee).  When I started my classes, I was bound and DETERMINED not to do a pedicure.  I hate my feet with a passion; ever since I cut  my foot and severed two tendons, I've hated the sight of not just my feet, but feet in general.  To actually TOUCH another person's foot gave me the heebie-jeebies.  I couldn't run away from the fact that yes, I will have to give pedicures even though I prefer just manicures.  The day came when I had to do a pedicure on a classmate...and I ended up LOVING it.  Our feet carry us everywhere and need TLC, just like our hands do.  The more pedicures I've done, the better and more confident I've felt.  My favorite part is the foot massage; I've practiced and done my best to perfect what I do so the client will feel extra-relaxed. 

With all this in mind, for Hanukkah I decided to give a friend and "big sis" a pedicure.  We were at her house for a party and after telling the kids to hush up, sit down and watch a movie, I gave my friend her gift.  She's one of those "do whatever you want" people (a dangerous thing to say to a nail art addict!), so I decided to do blue toes with a snowflake.

She ended up loving it and was relaxed by the end of the pedicure, so I figure I did well!  Here are a couple pictures of what I did using China Glaze "Frost Bite", a GORGEOUS blue that's easy to apply and won't stain your nails.  It dries a bit matte, but some top coat makes it perfectly glossy.  I used white acrylic paint for the snowflake, and Orly "Tiara" for some nice silver sparklies on the snowflake (which didn't turn out quite like I wanted).  For the other nine toes, I used a silver holo glitter from Claire's and added blue to the top.  The idea was to keep with the silver, blue and white theme for the Hanukkah party.

Hope you like and have a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment