Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

9-Day Challenge Day Eight: Polka Dots

Welcome back!  Today is Day Eight of the 9-day nail art challenge.  I can't believe it's gone by so fast!  I've had so much fun with this challenge.  It's really helped me grow in my nail art and do things I normally wouldn't do.

Today's theme is polka dots.  Now I'll admit, I whined about this one.  When I think of polka dots, I think of frilly, girly clothes and manis which are NOT me.  I just can't be comfortable in frills and girliness, so off to Pinterest I went.  I browsed and browsed and browsed and finally found something to inspire me...but I put my own twist on it, as usual.

I wasn't prepared for how this turned out.  I LOVE IT!  I'd wear it all day tomorrow if I could...actually, I probably will.  I know I've explained this before, but because I'm right-handed, when I do services and remove polish, of course I use my right hand.  It ruins any manicure I've done, so I've taken to leaving the nails on my right hand nekkid and keeping my manicure only on my left hand.  The way I see it, it may look strange, but it certainly shows my clients what I can do!

So enough of that...on with the polka dots!






It's so bright and pretty and shiny and, most importantly, it's RAINBOW.  I think I have a rainbow addiction...

So for this, I wanted a cute accent nail.  I was inspired to do it when I was looking through all my tools and found some disc-shaped charms.  A light bulb went off in my head, and I went to work.  I used China Glaze White on White on my thumb, ring and index fingers, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism on my pinky and middle fingers.  I then used White on White to place the dots on the black nails, and went over them with the rainbow colors.  I used a toothpick, a dotting tool, and the end of a nail art brush to make various-sized dots.  On each nail, except thumb, I placed two rhinestones for a nice little accent.  On the thumb, I placed a line of polish onto a makeup sponge and sponged the rainbow onto my finger.  I made sure to tape it up REALLY well so I wouldn't have a ton of cleanup to do.  I then went over it with a coat of Gelous, dipped a toothpick into the top coat, and placed the charms and rhinestones over the nail.  I added a coat of Gelous to finish it off.

Isn't it so pretty?!?



Here's a closeup of the thumb:





And a closeup of the rest of the nails:





Now go on over to check out what the other participants have done!  I can't wait to see...they've all done such OUTSTANDING work!  I feel like such an amateur compared to them, but that's okay!  I love to see such gorgeous work from all these ladies.
I want to make a quick shoutout to Sandra Bickel of Nails Love Polish:  CONGRATS ON WINNING THE NAIL ART CONTEST!  Her anti-Valentine manicure was so GORGEOUS!  I'm so glad she won <3

Until next time!


4 comments:

  1. Holy crap! This is amazing! I love your thumb...but I love the mani as a whole even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I don't even know how to describe how cute this is. The colors are like... a party on your nails or something, LOL! I'm definitely going to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete