Translate

Monday, February 4, 2013

February Nail Art Challenge Day Two

Gooood morning/afternoon/evening to you!  I hope you're having a fantastic weekend and are ready for the Superbowl.  As for me, I'll be watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.  If I want to be watching the Superbowl, it will be alone because my husband hates sports, and I LOVE watching sports.  I have to be in another room watching because I tend towards the "screaming and shouting at the ref as if he can hear me" type.

Today's challenge is Half Moon nails.  I can tell you, I had major issues with this one.  I went to a friend's house to motivate him to do a painting, and did my nails while he painted and we talked.  I tried about four different things before making my friend help me out on what polishes to use.  In the end, I ended up using China Glaze White on White, Lush Lacquers' Lite Brite (my FAVORITE glitter polish), and an unnamed Funky Fingers purple holo.  As I was typing about the Superbowl, I realized that two of the colors are the same as the team colors for the Baltimore Ravens...so I dedicate this manicure to Chris; dude, I hope your team wins!

Enough about that, on with the pictures!  Only three this time because I must say, I'm disappointed in this.  This isn't my best work, and I had a bit of a hard time getting the glitter where I wanted it, but I do like it.  I love rainbows (my nickname is Niji, which is "rainbow" in Japanese), which is why Lite Brite is a favorite glitter.  It looks STUNNING with white undies, which also bring out the mini holo glitter in the polish.  I absolutely recommend Lush Lacquers; their polishes are so adorable and FUN.  Check them out on Etsy!

No more chatter, on with the pictures!  Enjoy :-)






Don't forget to stop by the other participants' pages to see what awesome work they've done!  I LOVED all the galaxy nails I saw...while you'd think that all galaxy manis look the same, they don't!  Just like the universe, they're all beautifully, gorgeously diverse.  I can't wait to see what they'll all have for Day Two of the challenge <3




6 comments:

  1. I think they look great! My first half moon mani was a complete fail and this is nothing even close to how horrible that turned out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! You chose my favourite colour too ;)
    The Funky Fingers looks a lot like Zoya Aurora, just a little darker. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! <3 Love the glitter and the purple :D

    ReplyDelete