Translate

Friday, February 1, 2013

ENAM February 9-Day Challenge: Day One!

Am I excited to show off what I have for you today!  As you now know, today is Day One of the Erica's Nails And More February 9-Day nail art challenge.  Today's nail art challenge is: Galaxy Nails!






My first attempt at this was last week.  I've watched the tutorials thinking "This looks kind of hard...", but when I actually tried it, it came out better than I had expected.  It was easy and way fun, the kind of nail art that takes a while to do.  I love that, because to me, getting lost in creativity and losing track of time is a WONDERFUL thing.  I think this took about an hour or so; I'm not entirely sure, because I was absorbed in doing this and listening to Buck-Tick (yes, I love Japanese rock <3).

I want to share this awesome drawing, done by a Miss Alex Redden.  She's the daughter of a good friend of mine, and the moment I saw this, I KNEW it needed to be on today's nails, but as an accent nail.  I totally hope I've done it justice!  Alex and Christy, thank you so much for allowing me to use this as inspiration!  I really think that without it, I would be having some boring nails!





So on with the photos!








I used Orly Goth for the base, then Haley's Comet, a mini Orly yellow, and a rose holo polish from Claire's over the yellow.  Haley's Comet was sponged on around the edges of the yellow and rose, then I sponged on a black holo polish from NYX for some "stars".  I also took a toothpick, dipped it in white polish, and dotted on the stars.  For the comet, I used the yellow polish, took a brown polish and dabbed it on for the rock, and took a thin striping brush and black polish to create the craters in the rock and the black accents on the nail.  I used some small yellow glequins for stars, and the base is Essence Grey-t To Be Here.  I LOVE that polish, it's a gorgeous gray with rose pink shimmer.

I hope you like the nails, and I hope I did Alex's artwork justice in my recreation.  Be sure to check out the awesome manicures from the other challenge participants!  Have a great Friday everyone :-*


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous galaxy nails! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love your comet, it fits in with galaxy nails so perfectly, don't know why I didn't think of it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome! I love the accent nail & the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cool! And you and I have almost the exact same thumb ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome! I love the accent nail :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea for galaxy nails! I love them!

    ReplyDelete