Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 9-Day Challenge Day Five

Happy Valentine's Day y'all!  Today's theme is, of course, Valentine's nails. 




I'm going to admit...I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day.  I've only ever gotten roses twice in my life on V-day, and I spent many a year without a Valentine, envying all the girls with romantic significant others.  I'm really a very low-maintenance girl...all I ever ask for is geeky stuff to do with Dr. Who, anime, comics, and Hello Kitty.  So, being the rebel that I am, I decided to do a manicure with my own cynical twist!

It took four tries to get what I wanted to do.  When I'm hashing out ideas, I'll paint each nail on my left hand with an idea until I land on something I like.  I was looking through my nail inspirations folder and saw a cute mani someone had done.  It was in pink, and the thumb nail was covered in opalescent pink hearts.  I thought "Why not?" and did the same...only the hearts I used are green and blue iridescent.  I covered my ring finger in them, and out of boredom and not knowing what to do, I did a black French tip on my pinky finger...the designs on the other three nails came right off, and this is what I ended up with!

I didn't notice the reflection of the hearts on my middle finger until I was looking through the photos.  I LOVE this manicure, so much so that I did it on my right hand and hope to keep it for a few days.



 





See that flashy reflection again?  I love it!

And it took me about ten tries to get this closeup of the hearts, because I wanted you all to see just how pretty they are!  My camera hates me, I need a new one with a macro setting!




PRETTY.

I used: Kiss French base, Orly Goth for the black tips, and China Glaze White cap over the Kiss base before adding the French tip.    On the ring finger, I used two coats of Goth, a generous coat of White on White, and while that was still wet, I added the hearts.  I'm really pleased with this manicure!

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check out the rest of the participants' pages!  I so can't wait to see what they do!




1 comment: