Translate

Monday, February 18, 2013

February 9-Day Challenge Day Seven

Hello everybody and welcome back!  Today is Day Seven of the wonderful February 9-Day challenge.  Today's theme is....Inspired By A Tutorial!

I went through my YouTube subscriptions and settled on CutePolish.  This gal has some cute ideas and her tutorials are so easy to follow!  As I browsed, I spied a Nightmare Before Christmas tutorial...and immediately thought of my best friend...so I watched the tutorial and then browsed Google for some images.  I didn't want to follow this to a T, so I changed it a wee bit.

Here's her tutorial:
Cute Polish Nightmare Before Christmas tutorial

I did Jack's bow tie on my thumb...and then had an idea.  Here's how it came out!






ISN'T HE SO CUTE!  I'm way pleased with how this turned out.  Now check out the middle and thumb together:





And here's a closeup!


Here's what I used:
Orly "Goth" - pointer, ring, and pinky fingers
China Glaze "White on White" - Middle and thumb fingers
White on White and a striping brush was used for the pinstripes and middle of Jack's chest...it got a bit glumpy though :(
Goth and a striping brush to create the bow tie, and Jack's eyes and mouth.
Gelous top coat sealed the deal!

Now go check out what the other participants have done for Day 7!  I hope you've enjoyed this so far ^-^.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing!! Nightmare is one of my favorite movies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Love the way that the thumb and middle finger look together! Plus I love anything to do with Tim Burton :)

    ReplyDelete