Translate

Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 9-Day Nail Art Challenge Day Three!

Good morning/afternoon/evening and welcome to Day Three of Erica's Nails And More February 9-Day Challenge! I hope you've been having a good week so far and have checked out all the other participants' posts.  I've been absolutely blown away by how amazing, talented, and creative they all are!  The half-moon nails I've seen have made my jaw drop, they are all so gorgeous!

Today's theme is Glitter Loaded Nails.  I admit, I cringed at this one.  I have a love/hate relationship with glitter polish; it's gorgeous and sparkly, but such a pain to remove.  I've spent ten minutes with a cotton ball full of acetone on my nails, tin foil holding it in place, only to be rewarded with super-dry cuticles and nails.  However, after much agonizing over polish color AND the impending possibility of acetone-dried nails, I realized...I can use glue as a base coat!

I've heard of this trick before but hadn't tried it yet.  I've given it a shot and you know what?  It's super easy!  You just use some Elmer's School Glue instead of a polish base coat.  What I did was take some glue and put it on my palette, then used an old art brush to apply the glue to my nails.  I let the glue dry, then applied to coats of a pretty shimmery pale blue as a base, then three coats of Rainbow Honey's 20% cooler polish from her Equestria line.  I let that dry, then put on a coat of Gelous top coat.

I had a really hard time choosing what polish to use.  I have lots of glitter polishes, both from major companies and from indie companies.  In the end, I chose 20% Cooler because it's got RAINBOW GLITTER.  I love anything rainbow colored that sparkles or shimmers.  My nickname is Niji, which is "rainbow" in Japanese, because my nails, eye shadow, hair, and accessories always have lots of bright colors in them.  Not to mention the fact that I love rainbows...every time I see one I feel comforted.

As always, enough talking already and on with the pictures!






Bottle shot!

Isn't that color GORGEOUS?!?














I have to admit, this time I think I did well on picking a color.  I LOVE this polish dearly, and you might remember it from my Rainbow Dash manicure I did last year.  The glue base coat did so well too, I've already peeled this mani off because I was working at school, and the polish chipped off TWO NAILS, despite my use of gloves.  Oh well, that's what to expect when doing work study!

Don't forget to stop by the other participants' pages and check out what they have for Day Three!  I can't wait; if the half-moons were so awesome, then the glitter bomb nails must be to die for!  Have a good weekend all <3

2 comments: