Translate

Friday, February 8, 2013

My Little Pony Mani: DJ Pon3

After I did my Fluttershy manicure, my best friend requested DJ Pon3 from My Little Pony.  She's made a few appearances in episodes, such as the one where Rarity has the chance to impress a famous designer.  The pony was the DJ at the fashion show, and is quite a popular character for a "background pony".

So here's a picture of DJ Pon3:






For this mani, I wanted to have fun.  I used Essence Gray-t To Be Here as base for my thumb, then used striping tape to create a checkered pattern.  I used Sally Hansen HD polish in Cyber and Orly Goth for the black and purple.  China Glaze White on White was used for the cutie mark nail, Cyber was used on the middle finger, and Funky Fingers Zone was used on the pinky.  On those two nails, I put a coat of Lush Lacquers' Salt 'N Peppa.  For the ring finger, I mixed blue and white acrylic paint and put on two coats and let dry.  For the cutie mark, the bass and treble clefs and leopard print on the ring finger, I used black acrylic paint.

On to the mani! 






This took about two hours, because I had to wait for the polishes to dry.  Sally Hansen's Cyber is a thinner polish but is such a GORGEOUS purple, it's worth the wait for it to completely dry.

I hope you've enjoyed this installment of My Little Pony Manis.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool inspiration! I don't remember being that much into My Little Pony when I was little, I was more into Care Bears for TV shows, and Barbie for EVERYTHING toy-related :) Seriously, our basement was full of Barbies! That's what happens when you are raised in a house with 2 sisters :)

    ReplyDelete