Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2013

9-Day Challenge Day Nine

I can't believe this is the last day of the challenge!  It's flown by so fast, and I've had a blast doing this challenge.  Once again, it's caused me to go outside my nail art comfort zone and do manis I normally wouldn't wear.

So for today, the last day, the theme is: Recreate Your Favorite.  I tell you, I had a heck of a time with this one!  I went through all my creations and just couldn't settle on one, so I took a break and tried again.  I finally picked one out and just got done with it.  Normally I'll have these posts scheduled, but I've been really busy with working at the spa and doing work study and getting my requirements in, so I'm sorry for this delay!

For my Day 9 nails, I chose to recreate my Day 6 nails.  I LOVE leopard print and this was so fun to do!  I used the same technique as I did for Day 6, except this time got better coverage near the cuticle by using an eyeshadow applicator sponge to dab on Orly Goth.  Because I used up my Finger Paints Black Expressionism, I used Goth to outline the dots on the print.

I've had two very long days in a row (hair/makeup/photoshoot yesterday, spa work today), so I'll keep this short and simple and ON WITH THE PICTURES ALREADY!









Polishes used:  China Glaze White on White, Orly Goth, Essence Gray-t To Be Here, Pure Ice Velvet.  I think I did a little better this go round.

This challenge has been so much fun!  I can't wait for Erica's next one (HINT HINT) so I can exercise my creative muscles.

I've loved seeing all the manicures the participants have come up with.  I can't wait to see what they all have for the final day!  Ladies, it has been a pleasure to participate in this challenge with you.  Happy polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment