Translate

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

10-Day Challenge Day 10: Recreate Your Favorite

I can't believe it's already the last day of the challenge!  This has been a blast for me and is not only my first nail art challenge, but my first successful one too.  I really didn't know if I'd be able to make it to the end, because I honestly don't have much faith in my nail art abilities.  Even if I do something awesome, like my LoTR nails, I still don't feel satisfied.  I guess artists really ARE their own worst critics!

I didn't choose any of my manis because I wanted this honor to go to one of the other challenge participants.  From the moment I saw this, I KNEW it would be my mani for Day 10.  It's awesome, it's SPARKLY, and best of all, the colors are the same as my HS colors.  Go Radford Bobcats!  If I had known how to do this back in HS, I would have worn this mani for every game I cheered at.  I loved our cheerleading uniforms, especially the sweater ones, but our pom-poms were more black, white, and yellow than black, white and gold.  I miss those days, but I don't miss freezing my nose off in the chilly mountain weather! 

So here is the inspiration:





I SO want Zoya Storm...after Butter London Disco Biscuit, this one is a BIG lemming for me.  It's not only black, but SPARKLES too?!?  Yes please!  At some point in the future, I hope to have Shea do a guest post or few for this blog.  This lady has some serious skills!

I started with a base coat of CG Strong Adhesion Base Coat, used Finger Paints Black Expressionism, Nina Pro Big Spender and sponged my Claire's holographic gold glitter over it, and used CG White on White and FP Black Expressionism for the dots, with Big Spender as the final touch.  I took pictures before using the top coat, because it loves to streak my nail art, even if it has been drying for forty-five stinkin' minutes.

The lineup:



 And here are the results!







And that's it for Day 10!  Please don't forget to check out what the other awesomely talented participants have done, and be sure to show them lots of love!



4 comments:

  1. These look great! I really enjoyed looking at your posts each challenge day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli, thank you for participating in my Challenge! <3
    I have tagged you for the Liebster Award!
    http://ericasnailsandmore.blogspot.ca/2012/11/liebster-award-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this dotticure! Your blog is officially followed

    ReplyDelete