Translate

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Toes!

I'm going out on a limb here and showing my awful, hairy man-feet.  My poor feet have been through a LOT...my left foot is all messed up because I stepped on glass and ended up with two severed tendons, then had surgery to remove a Morton's Neuroma (a very badly inflamed nerve) and decompress another nerve...and now it has two bunions that will require another surgery in the future.  I have to admit that I have a slight aversion to feet, and when I started my nail tech classes, swore that I AIN'T TOUCHING NOBODY'S ICKY FEET!  (pardon the double negative)  Well...here I am, doing my clinic work at school and y'know what?  I really do enjoy doing pedicures.  I admit to not taking care of my feet like I should; the cuticles are enough to make any nail tech cry, and there are dry places from where I used to do a LOT of Israeli dance.  I loved dancing barefoot, but it sure came with a price.

So today I wanted to do some nail art on my tootsies.  I asked for help in my Facebook group, and the general consensus was to use red and gold, to get into the holiday spirit.  I took it up a notch and did white, red, and green.  I used Orly Bond base coat, CG white on white, CG White Cap, OPI Animal-istic, and Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.  I added a French tip with my gold holographic glitter polish from Claire's.

Here is the result! (ignore the icky scar from surgery)









No comments:

Post a Comment