Translate

Monday, November 19, 2012

10-Day Challenge Day 7: Lines and Stripes

Today's theme for the challenge is "lines and stripes".  I've done striping tape manicures before, but since it takes time and I'm wacky from Vicodin, I decided to go against my norm and use my striping brushes instead.  Because my nasal turbinates were reduced, my nose is bleeding so I have to be careful not to lean my head forward too much.  I hope this is the ONLY sinus surgery I will ever need, because it sucks having the feeling that I have a sinus infection.  It turns out that one of the cysts in my sinuses, on the right side, was too tiny and too close to a nerve to be safely removed.  There was the potential for nerve damage had it been taken out.  The worst thing for me in all this?  I finally got my nose pierced last year, and the darn thing has already closed up!  I can't even see a scar from it, so this means I'll have to get it done again.  It's worth it, because I loved that piercing.

Anyway, on to the manicure!  I used one coat of this GORGEOUS bright red, no-name polish that came in a gift bag from a friend, followed by a coat of this lovely sparkly red E.L.F. polish.  I then used my Stripe Right stripers in white and black to create a plaid-ish design.  After I was done, I could see areas that are not the best looking, but I'm too tired and in pain to even care now!  This challenge has been a blast to do, it's caused me to step outside my nail art "comfort zone" and do manicures that I've admired, but never thought of doing myself. 

So without further ado, here are my Day 7 stripes and lines nails!




Not the best, like I said, but I really do like it.  I'm not a red-polish wearing gal, but this works for me mostly because of the plaid-ish pattern.

Now go check out what the other ladies in the challenge have done!  I am consistently blown away by their talent and creativity.  Be sure to give them some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment