Translate

Saturday, November 3, 2012

10-Day Challenge Day Two: Polka Dots

I had the worst time with this mani. I think polka dots are really cute, but whenever I try to put them on my nails...well, I end up frustrated and annoyed. Somehow, I just haven't gotten the hang of placing even-sized dots in a straight line. I have tried and tried, but the technique eludes me. I guess one day it will just come to me and then I'll have tons of polka-dotted fun. I did a Google search on polka dot nails, looking for something unique and interesting. I tried a couple things that were floating around in my creative cranial space, but they didn't pan out. Finally I found something awesome: gradient polka dots! Now, my mani comes nowhere NEAR the awesomeness I found online, but I like it and it will do. Besides, I didn't have to do a nice, even line, which was great! The only downside was that I managed to mess up my thumb TWICE, and my pinky once. I indulged myself and watched Sense and Sensibility while doing this mani. I love Jane Austen's novels and my copy of S&S is VERY worn. It helped put me in the mood to do this manicure. I used an Orly base coat, Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac for the light purple, and an awesome holo purple from Funky Fingers (THANK YOU 5 Below!), OPI Meep Meep Meep for the roses, and a watermelon-scented green polish from Claire's. China Glaze Fast Forward top coat sealed the deal.









I had to have an accent nail, so I went with roses.  I wanted to try my hand at these, because I have seen some really pretty manicures with stripes and roses.  They always remind me of antique wallpaper.  The bottle I'm holding is my absolute favorite perfume: Princess Night by Vera Wang.  Princess made me itch like crazy when it touched my skin, so I only sprayed it on my clothes.  Princess Night doesn't cause that same reaction, thankfully.  It smells nice and sweet, plus the bottle is sparkly AND my favorite (non)color.

Here's a closeup of my accent nail, and a closeup of my manicure.







Be sure to check out the fab works from all the other participants in the challenge!  I took a peek at their rainbow manis, and these ladies are TALENTED!  I feel honored to be part of such an amazing and creative group of polish addicts like myself.  Go show them some love!

5 comments:

  1. Love these!! <3 Speaking of 5 Below, we're getting one where I live! So excited! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have some SWEET polishes, some are three for five bucks! The formula on the holo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mani looks awesome! Good job!! :) And Five Below is one of my FAVORITE stores. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I absolutely love your accent nail, and you did a great job with the gradient dots :D I have no clue what Five Below is, but it sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete