Translate

Sunday, November 25, 2012

10-Day Challenge Day 9: Water Marble

I have only done one successful water marble, ever.  Last year I tried, and tried, and TRIED, and got so frustrated I swore I'd never try again.  This past July, I got a wild hair and decided to try water marbling again, with a beautiful result.  When this day of the challenge came up, I was more than tempted to just use the pictures from July, but that would be cheating.

Here is a picture of the very first water marble, using Orly Haley's Comet and China Glaze White Cap:






It doesn't look anything at all like what I see on so many pictures, but that's the way I like it.  I had fun with this, but cleanup was a pain thanks to how shimmery the polish was, which meant I had shimmery bits all over my cuticles.  I had used tape to cover the cuticle area, but some polish still got on my skin.

This time I used petroleum jelly all over my finger, up to the first knuckle.  It made cleanup so much easier and didn't take as much time as applying tape to my fingers took.  For today's water marble, I used OPI Live And Let Die from the Skyfall collection, Nina Big Spender, and my e.l.f. gold glitter over top.  Orly Bond was used for base coat, and Jordana fast dry topcoat sealed the deal.

Here's the lineup:




And here is the mani:








Don't forget to check out the other lovely participants in the challenge!  Have a terrific weekend :-)

6 comments:

  1. Yours turned out so nice! Great color combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog award :)
    http://nobottleleftbehind.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I just gave you the Liebster award also! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was having one STINKIN' day and you two ladies just totally turned it around for me. I'm about to cry...but what do I need to do? I'm not very well educated on this, heh.

    ReplyDelete