Translate

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

10-Day Challenge Day Three: Inspired By A Tutorial

Hello and welcome to the third installment of Erica's Nails and More 10-Day nail art challenge!  Today's theme is "inspired by a tutorial".  I went through many tutorials until I came to IHaveACupcake...a nail artist after my own heart!  I loved her Bleach tutorial, so I took from it.  For those of you who don't know, Bleach is a really awesome anime.  I love anime.  I'm a total nerd when it comes to anime and manga, spazzing out when I get to meet my favorite voice actors.  I have more artwork and figures than is probably good for me, but, like nail polish, I say more is better!

Here is the video tutorial:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/caOP_3i5Vw0?list=UURWZAnlalyUu6WOzwKWfISg&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Isn't she AMAZING?

And here is my attempt:







I actually had a lot of fun with this.  I like art that challenges me, and since I don't have any good detail brushes or acrylic paints, I used striper brushes and my Stripe Rite in black and white as well as my dotting tool.  I really like this, it's going to stay on my nails until Day Four of the challenge approaches.  That's saying something, because normally a manicure lasts two days at the max!






Don't forget to stop by and check out the other participants!  I loved all their polka dot manicures, and when the "recreate your fave" comes up, I have a feeling I'll have a hard time choosing one from amongst them all!

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Absolutely stunning! I'm at a loss for words actually, haha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubs would love these nails! He's kind of a Anime nerd... me not so much but these look great!

    ReplyDelete