Translate

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

10-Day Challenge Day 8: Gradient Nails

I am TERRIBLE at gradient nails. For some reason, they just don't want to work for me. When I did my Rainbow Dash nails, I had the brilliant idea to just paint the lines on a makeup sponge and do a rainbow gradient that way...and it WORKED. I don't know why I haven't stayed with that tried-and-true method. I attempted the rainbow gradient yesterday, but used a different sponging technique. Fail. It looked less gradient and more stripey, so I chucked the mani. After ten attempts at gradients, I finally settled on one that actually worked for me. To my surprise, it was the one gradient from four randomly selected polishes, and is PINK. I'm not a big wearer of girly pinks, I'm more of a neon/hot pink person, but I actually like this. I used China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat, Nail Savvy In The Pink, China Glaze Whitecap, an e.l.f. gold glitter (doesn't have the polish name on it), and Rainbow Honey Pinkie Promise.





I sponged In The Pink on my nails rather than use the brush, because this is a polish that takes FOREVER to dry.  I followed with the e.l.f. gold glitter, sponging that on in the middle of the finger.  Then I sponged White Cap at the top of the nail, and finally sponged Pinkie Promise from the free edge to the middle of the finger.  I did another sponging of the gold glitter at the top so I could have the small gold holo hexes showing up.  Two coats of fast dry top coat sealed the deal.















Whew, that's a lot of pictures!  I've been trying to come up with ideas for "hand poses" and will hopefully be building my first light box soon.  There's an Olympus camera I have my eyes on that has a macro filter.  I'd love to be able to take macro shots of my nail art and polishes. 

Be sure to check out what the other fantastic ladies have done for Day 8!  I can't believe this challenge is almost over, it's been such a blast and I've loved seeing what the others have done.  Have an excellent Thanksgiving and don't eat TOO much turkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment